Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
3 Day Uluru Camping Tour
All bookings must be confirmed a minimum of 72 hours before departure by email or phone.
What is a swag?
A swag is made from strong canvas, sewn like a large sleeping bag with a comfortable sponge mattress inside providing warmth, comfort and security. You sleep in your sleeping bag inside the swag – so it's much warmer than a tent!
What are the departure and arrival times?
Alice Springs pick-ups: approximately 5:45am.
Ayers Rock pick-ups: Outback Pioneer Lodge (Ayers Rock Resort) approximately 12:30pm OR Ayers Rock Airport at either 12:15pm or 2pm.
We return to Alice Springs at around 5:30pm on the third day. If you have requested an Ayers Rock finish, you will arrive at approximately 5:30pm.
What fitness level is required?
A real spirit of adventure and a medium level of fitness is required. There is a lot to see over the 3 days and this tour can be fast paced at times. It is important to note that Central Australia experiences extreme weather conditions during summer. Participation is required from passengers on our camping tours for things such as meal preparation and firewood collection (as requested by guide).
What amenities are at the campsites?
All our campsites have hot showers and toilets, screened kitchens with electricity to charge cameras or phones. We have permanent 4 share safari tents at all our campsites. We also have twin share tents for those who like a bit of privacy - $75/person/tour (payable direct).
How many people are on each tour?
We have a maximum of 24 passengers on camping tours. Participation is required from all passengers on our camping tours for things such as meal preparation and firewood collection (as requested by guide).
If you join one of our camping tours you will need a sleeping bag regardless of whether you decide to sleep in a permanent 4 share safari tent (bunk beds) or in a swag (Aussie bedroll).
Sleeping bag hire is available on request at a charge of $20 per person. Please request this at the time of booking.
- Included in price:
- • Sparkling wine & snacks at the Uluru sunset • Accredited, experienced tour guides • Permanent campsites with kitchens, toilets & hot showers • 4 person Safari tents both nights • Quality swags if you choose to sleep under the stars • Air conditioned mini-bus, fitted with seat belts • Quality healthy meals and drinking water • Uluru park entrance fee ($25pp) • Pick up from Alice Springs accommodation, Ayers Rock Airport or Ayers Rock Resort (Outback Pioneer) • Option to end the tour at Ayers Rock Resort on day 3 (additional $100pp)
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Sleeping Bag Hire = $15 per person, request at time of booking - payable direct ($20 from 1 April 2017) Upgrade to twin share tent = $75 per person (payable direct)
- What to bring:
- Travel voucher, 2 x 1.5 litres of water (per person), sleeping bag (can be hired for $15or20/person), strong non-slip walking shoes, hat (wide brimmed is best), fly net, sunglasses, sunscreen, toiletries, torch (flash light), swimwear (warmer months), towel, camera, casual and comfortable clothing (cool, light clothing is best in summer and warm clothing for winter), travel pillow, a small overnight bag (please leave your luggage at your Alice Springs accommodation due to space limitations on the mini-bus).
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children aged 8 and over are welcome on our camping tours. Children aged 8-15 years receive a child rate.
- Departure points:
- Ayers Rock (Uluru), Northern Territory
Alice Springs, Northern Territory
- Departure time:
5:45 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Alice Springs pick-ups: approximately 5:45am. Ayers Rock pick-ups - Until 31/03/2017: Outback Pioneer 12:15PM, Ayers Rock Airport 12:45PM, Ayers Rock Airport 2PM - From 01/04/2017: Ayers Rock Airport 12:15PM, Outback Pioneer 12:30PM, Ayers Rock Airport 2PM We return to Alice Springs at around 5:30pm on the third day. If you would like an Ayers Rock finish, this can be arranged for an additional charge (payable direct). Please request it in the booking form. You will arrive at Ayers Rock at approximately 5:30pm.
- 3 Days / 2 Nights
- Approximate Return Time:
- We return to Alice Springs at around 5:30pm on the third day. If you have booked an Ayers Rock finish, you will arrive at approximately 5:30pm.
- Emu Run Experience
- Ayers Rock (Uluru), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) and Kings Canyon
- Departs From
- Ayers Rock (Uluru) and Alice Springs
Day 1: Alice Springs to Uluru
We pick you up outside your Alice Springs accommodation at 5.45am and drive through the beautiful outback, our first stop will be an outback roadhouse for a quick breakfast (at your own expense), back on the road and a short stop for viewing of Mount Connor and the Salt Lakes before arriving at Yulara.
If you’re starting the tour in Ayers Rock we will pick you up from the Outback Pioneer Lodge (Ayers Rock Resort), or from the Ayers Rock Airport.
After lunch we drive to our first stop in the Uluru national park where you can pick one of the following Uluru experiences:
1. Visit the Cultural Centre and enjoy 2 guided Uluru base walks (Mala & Mutitjulu Waterhole).
2. Full 10km Uluru base walk (unguided), Cultural Centre visit not included.
3. Uluru climb (unguided, if open), Cultural Centre visit not included (please note: Uluru is a sacred site and the Anangu people ask visitors to respect their culture by not climbing the rock).
4. 2PM Ayers Rock airport pick-ups will be able to enjoy 2 guided walks at Uluru (Mala & Mutitjulu Waterhole), Cultural Centre visit and lunch are not included.
This evening we watch a spectacular Uluru sunset while enjoying a glass of sparkling wine & snacks. After sunset we drive to our campsite for hot showers and a hearty meal. Depending on your mood you can choose to sleep in a permanent 4 share safari tent (bunk beds) or in a swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of outback stars. (L,D)
Optional upgrade to twin tents available at $75/person per tour (payable direct) – twin tent upgrade price includes sleeping bag and pillow.
Day 2: Uluru Sunrise and Kata Tjuta to Kings Canyon
Up early for breakfast before catching a spectacular Uluru Sunrise. We then head to Kata-Tjuta (The Olgas) for a guided 5.5km walk through the Valley of the Winds, returning to camp for lunch. Next we drive to our remote bush camp in the Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon).
After a hot shower, tonight’s dinner will be an authentic Outback BBQ. You can choose tonight to sleep in a swag (Aussie bedroll) under millions of outback stars or in one of our permanent 4 share safari tents (bunk beds). (B,L,D)
Day 3: Kings Canyon and Mt Ebenezer to Alice Springs
After breakfast, we drive to Kings Canyon for a guided 6km Canyon Rim Walk in one of the most spectacular areas of the outback. Visit the natural Amphitheatre and discover the lost city, North and South Walls, and the exotic Garden of Eden along the way.
After lunch we return to Alice Springs stopping at Mount Ebenezer Roadhouse, arriving back to Alice Springs early evening.
Or if you choose to finish the tour in Ayers Rock, you will be transferred from Kings Canyon Resort to Ayers Rock Resort after lunch. Please note that this service must be requested at the time of booking, and will incur an additional charge of $100 per adult / $40 per child payable upon departure. (transfer is $125 per adult and $65 per child from 1 April 2017). (B,L)
Optional camel ride is available at your own expense.